authorgraph

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Whiskey? Did someone say, "Whiskey?" - Interview with Fawn Weaver, owner and creator of "Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey"

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/01/1042481944/uncle-nearest-premium-whiskey-fawn-weaver

WHISKEY.



It's not my beverage of choice. I prefer a ginger ale or a vodka and tonic

BUT

Whiskey has a spot in my heart because when I was a cold-ridden, stuffed-up nose, phlegm filled child, my dear, dear, well-loved Grandpop used to make a special remedy for me for relief. - A HOT TODDY!

It's ingredients were some sugar or honey, lemon juice, some water, cinammon and some of his "secret" herbs and a GENEROUS pour of WHISKEY! It was served in a teacup, hot.

Yeah. Yeah. He gave alcohol to a kid. 

QUELLE  HORREUR!

So freakin' what? It was medicinal. The use for most alcohol from its origns. 

Anyhoo, after imbibing that toddy (sometimes two), I was one happy camper and was able to get uninterrupted sleep..And my mom was greatful I was quiet. LOL.

Thank you , Grandpop! 

Anyhoo, this post ain't about mr. Just my passing connection to whiskey.

The accompanying NPR segment features Fawn Weaver, a Black female who owns the brand "Uncle nearest Premium Whiskey." She's a first in a filed with people who look like her out front. 

(Don't get me started on the "creators" of  "Jack Daniels." That's another story for another day).

Please either read or listen to Ms. Weaver's journey at the provided link.







No comments:

Post a Comment