authorgraph

Monday, March 28, 2022

THE SLAP HEARD AND SEEN 'ROUND THE WORLD

 


No. I do not condone it. I do understand it.

Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at Sunday night's Oscar shindig over a joke Rock made about Will's wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith.

These two have history. They have been beefin' for some years. All over Rock's remarks about Jada Pinkett-Smith. So, I figured if the two men were ever in a room and Rock were to say something...Hands were gonna get thrown. And it happened. Isn't the lament of a certain Black female harpy crowd on YouTube always about how Black men don't protect or defend their women? 

WELL, YA HAPPY NOW? 

Now my breakdown.

Rock is a comedian. He says funny things for a living. Some of them hurtful to his subjects. But I always say when one chooses to be in the entertainment business, one is fair game, Will. Jada.

Mrs. Smith has alopecia. A condition afflicting millions of women. Definitely not something one would want but not slapworthy on network TV. But sometimes a dude has to defend his woman. I would have preferred Will take it the quiet, personal, off-the-record route but this is Hollywood where if an incident isn't photographed, did it happen? Plus, no publicity is bad publicity always to show ponies.

I see it as no big deal. Will will work again. He makes money for Hollywood. They ain't canceling that cash cow. Chris will work again. He makes moolah for Hollywood too. I just think it's sad that this nonsense overshadowed Will's win.

And for the "concerned" Academy members and actors in the audience..Miss me with that. Y'all was eatin' it up like the slave masters of old who'd watch 2 pieces of property go at it.

"Were you not entertained?" in my best Maximus voice.

CLARIFICATION FOR THOSE IN THE BACK!

That wasn't a PUNCH. That was a BITCH SLAP ( open-handed hit). It differs. There is also something called a PIMP SLAP (back-handed hit).

Now you know and I'm over it all. Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment