authorgraph

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Just a lil rant about TikTokers who give advice on how to steal romance ebooks



Well. Well. Well.

Tik Tok.

The platform that is the newest home to SJWs, is also the home of thieves.

Broke-assed, sorry-assed, bold, proud thieves.

Thieves so proud and bold that these assholes have no problem giving out tips on how to read books, (mostly romance books, but I am sure it is happening to authors of other genres) for FREE!

Yeah, the lil darlings have been doling out help on how to read the hard work of authors for FREE

The tips? Well, if you are a dishonest, broke, cheap smartass, you implement this stealing through Amazon. 

QUELLE SURPRISE! Amazon whose name is whore in my book because they take money from anyone for anything. They also return it too. No questions asked.

But I digress.

As I was aying these lil shytes purchase an ebook from Amazon, read it then return it for a REFUND.That triggers a deficit for the author as the author has to pay for the return. So the only one profiting is the reader. I know of authors who have had their whole series consumed this way. One author had @8 books in a series and this happened to every one of the installments.




And Amazon does nothing. NOTHING. Don't the geniuses in the publishing arm of that business see a pattern? Are they even paid to think? You'd think Bezos would get tired of issuing refunds.Or doing extra transactions at the very least. But Jeffy is too nusy piercing the stratosphere to care because the publishing arm of Amazon operates at a loss. A loss that is offset by all the other stuff it sells. Soooo...Help from Jeff probably won't be coming any time soon.

There are authors who have ceased writing because of this theft. A petition started by authors is going around to stop this stealing. Will it work? Who knows. That would take someone at Amazon giving a shyte.

I would love to see romance authors who use Amazon as a publishing platform, stop giving a shyte and stop writing for a bit, or cease using Amazon to publish. Let the thieves twiddle their thumbs while searching elsewhere to steal. 

Hey, you bottom-feeders out there! You aren't concerned with helping anyone but yourselves.

But I knew that.



4 comments:

  1. Hello PJ DEAN, Regarding the theft of books, Lest not forget the private sites ( z-library, epub etc...) I spend a deal of money buying books, especially hardcover. You are correct many authors has cease to publish due to theft. My favorite author Sharon Cullars stop publishing her romantic novels in 2015, I have all of her works on kindle for PC. As always your topics are wonderful. Thank you Bain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. I endeavor to understand what a person might be going through financially but this is just too ratchet to ignore. Yes. I love Sharon Cullars stories but how much can a writer endure when the Rate-of-Return is nil. I miss her regular releases. I personally know 2 writers, Black ones, who have ceased producing, As I've noted before, when one is a Black writer of romance, "mainstream" readers won't pay to read the books. They search out "free" ways to read the works of Black romance authors. It's an uphill battle. My topocs are not safe ones. My views are not for the sensitive. But like my grandfather used to say, "Be beholdin' to no one."

      Delete
    2. Thank you for replying to my comment. Who are the two Black romance writers ceased output of their novels. Trying not to be nosy. Beside Sharon Cullars, I do know that Tiffany Ashley, Roslyn Hardy Holocomb have not produce any work in quite sometime. As for site such as the valent chamber, writers from that site who choose to published do not received any support from the readers of that site. Thank you Bain

      Delete
  2. Hello PJ DEAN, Pirate sites not private. Thank you Bain

    ReplyDelete