authorgraph

Monday, October 14, 2013

Excerpt from UNION, THE FELIG CHRONICLES, BOOK 3--BEING RELEASED NOVEMBER 1ST. FINALLY!


STOP THE PRESSES! STOP THE PRESSES! IT'S FINALLY COMING OUT! THE THIRD INSTALLMENT OF MY INTERRACIAL/PARANORMAL SERIES, THE FELIG CHRONICLES CALLED UNION COMES OUT ON NOVEMBER 1st, 2013. HERE IS A JUICY, SEXY, SNEAK PEEK AT NATE'S AND TINA'S RE-KINDLED LOVE AFFAIR. WILL THEY GET MARRIED? WHO KNOWS. WITH LIFE ON EARTH SO CRAZY AND UNCERTAIN, THEY TAKE THEIR JOY WHEN AND WHERE THEY CAN GET IT.
                                                             

“What was that?” Tina croaked. She pressed an open hand to the center of her chest. Her heart thumped double time and felt ready to pop from her body. “Good freakin’ God!” She continued to roll around the bed gasping for oxygen.

 “Take a wild guess.” Nate coughed and strained for air. Like her, his heart beat rapidly and made motions similar to a fish flopping on dry land. He reached out to comfort her.

 “That was the ‘other’? Geez, I thought I was dying. Is that gonna happen every time we have sex? I stopped breathing for more minutes than I care to recall.”

 “Me too. As for your question? I don’t know. But we’re still alive.”

 “And bonded.”

 “Lock, stock and barrel.” Nate entwined an arm with one of hers. “How do you feel about it?”

“How do I feel about it?” Tina repeated. She pulled herself up to a sitting position with the headboard’s help. “Phew! Let me catch my breath.” She rested against the wood. “Physically, I am tingling. I’m beyond fulfilled. It had been over two months. Not that I’m the sort who can’t live without a man. When I met you---”

“Tina?”

“Yes?”

“Be quiet and answer the question.”

“Make up your mind. I either answer or be quiet. Can’t do both at the same time.”

“You know what I mean. Hold that thought.” Nate left the bed to dispose of the condom. He returned and plopped stomach down. He rose up on his elbows and fixed her with his laser gaze. “Tell me the truth.” He moved closer to stroke her leg. “How do you feel about us?”

Tina shook out the top sheet and settled it over them. “I had no plans to get with anyone, Nate, and then you came along. You made me an offer that was appealing at the time: your help in exchange for no-strings-attached sex basically.”

“Whoa! Hearing that makes me sound like a...”

“Dirty young man? Opportunist? Yeah, but I knew what I was getting into.”

“Go on.” He softly kneaded her calf. “I’m waiting.”

“You are the last man I ever thought I’d be with past a night. Not in a million years. You’re Caucasian, Jewish, part-alien, and younger than me. Boy, can I pick ’em or what?” She scooted down to be next to him. She ran her hands over his shoulders and chest. “Now, you are my lifelong companion and my true love. You are everything to me.  How do I feel? Extremely happy, respected, deeply loved and loving.”

“That was worth the wait! I love you. I love you. I love you, Faustina Marie Cain. You will never be free of me.”

“I can’t now anyway.”

“All the same.”  Nate bounced up from the bed and went to dig in the top drawer of the dresser. He returned to the bed with a small box.

“Is that what I think it is?”

“Yep.” Nate opened the box and plucked the ring from its perch.

“Nate, I’m not marrying you and I’m not converting,” Tina said.

“You wouldn’t do any of those?”

“No. I’ve told you before, I’m not wife material. I prefer the C words: companion, concubine. I’m not cut out for any established religion either. It’s not me.”

“Doesn’t matter. Besides, it’s an engagement ring not a wedding band. It’s perfect if you think of the real meaning of this type of ring. The French root is “engager” which means to--”

“Commit,” Tina finished. “I know.”

“We made the most important commitment about thirty minutes ago. I hope it fits.” Kneeling on the bed next to her, Nate took her left hand and eased the bauble down her ring finger.

“Oh my friggin’ God!” The girl in Tina snapped to. She admired the sparkler by turning her hand this way and that. She looked at it up close and then at Nate. “Platinum?”

“Yep.”

“Emerald-cut solitaire,” she said with certainty.

“Yep.”

“Two and a half carats?”

“Three carats with two flanking baguettes but who’s counting?”

“I’m acting like one of those women I vowed never to be. Oh my God!” She kept staring at it and waving her hand around.

“Remember the night on the patio when we had the blow up?” Nate asked while resuming his spot next to her.

“How could I forget?’

“I had it then. I was going to ask you then. I’m happy I didn’t. It’s turned out better than I expected. It’s more appropriate now.”

“I love it.” Tina half reclined across him. “Thank you for waiting for me. Thank you so very much.”

“Thank you. Oh shit! What time is it?” He glanced at the clock. It was four A. M.

Tina tilted his face back to hers. “Why do you care?’

“I promised the houseguests breakfast at eight-thirty.”

“We’ve got plenty of time.” She rubbed against him and stroked his neck.

“No we don’t.” He pulled her fully over him.

Tina straddled him and he covered them completely in the sheet. She giggled at the touch of his fingers tickling her. Nate punctuated her laughs with kisses. From under the cloth, Tina proclaimed, “Well, they do know where the kitchen is.”


EXCERPT FROM UNION, THE FELIG CHRONICLES, BOOK 3
AUTHOR: P.J. DEAN
PUBLISHER: EXTASY BOOKS
RELEASE DATE: NOVEMBER 1, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment