authorgraph

Sunday, May 8, 2016

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

happy mother’s day flowers


Happy Mother's Day to all! Even if your mom is no longer in this realm, if you are one or are hoping to be one, or are seen as one.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Matilda, known as Mattie in my sci-fi series THE FELIG CHRONICLES, is the mom of my heroine, Tina. This ultra-cool, frank mom is fashioned on my mother. Matilda is every inch the re-incarnation of my mom. My mom, Pearl, passed in 2004 and it was a rough transition for her. It hit me terribly hard. To get through my grief, I wrote, and in writing I was able to live and and breath again. I honor the memory of Pearl by putting her on the page. And she does not fail me in death just as she didn't in life. When penning Mattie, I was able to smile again because her actions, manners, appearance, speech and mindset ARE Pearl. My mom was a straight-shooting, take-no-prisoners, cut-the bs type. But she was loving, meticulously turned out and understanding. Just like my grand (her mom), Pearl could smell a lie a mile away. She imbued me with the same ability. I miss her but whenever I write another installment of my series, Mattie channels Pearl perfectly. Thanks, Mom. I love you. Happy Mother's Day!    

No comments:

Post a Comment